Permanent makeup is is a cosmetic treatment, which is a form of tattooing. It is also known as semi-permanent makeup or micro-pigmentation.
There are a number of Cosmetic Permanent Makeup Treatments available. I offer the following:
- Semi-Permanent Eyebrows Treatments. Perfect for adding definition, shape, colour and symmetry to the eyebrows. There are a number of semi-permanent eyebrow techniques that can be used to create the perfect eyebrow for you.
- Semi-Permanent Lash Line Enhancement Treatments.
These treatments are listed under 'Cosmetic', but there is also a crossover into the Medical Tattooing field. Many of my clients have their eyebrows tattooed for medical reasons. Similarly the eyelash enhancement treatment is extremely popular with ladies who have very sparse or no lashes as a result of chemotherapy, alopecia or trichotillomania. This treatment gives the illusion of eyelashes along the lash line.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OFFER 'FASHION' MAKEUP IN THE FORM OF LARGE BOLD EYEBROWS OR FLICKED/WINGED EYELINER. I believe in 'future proofing' my treatments and therefore only offer natural enhancements that can be adapted over time and will continue to look good.
How Cosmetic Tattooing works
Cosmetic tattooing involves embedding pigmentation (colour) into the dermis (inner layer of the skin). This sits around 1.5mm below the exfoliating layers of the skin.
The oxide-based pigments used in semi-permanent makeup are designed to leave the skin, which is why permanent makeup is often referred to as semi-permanent. This is really important, as clients are likely to want to change their look over the years. Skin tone and elasticity change as we age, as do our style and preferences, so it's important to be able to adapt your semi-permanent make up (spmu) as time goes on. Spmu will typically last 3-5 years, dependent on the base colours used and your skin, with refresher top-ups with colour every 12-30 months.
Semi-permanent makeup really isn't about creating bold statement makeup, it's about enhancing your features and creating a look that is right for you. In fact, most of my clients are looking for subtle enhancements that highlights their features. Here's a few reasons why many people are turning to spmu treatments;
- Thinning or fine eyebrows, due to chemotherapy/thyroid disorder.
- Alopecia sufferers.
- Busy mums or those with a busy lifestyle/job.
- Sports enthusiasts - makeup that stays put no matter how hard you work out!
- Those with ailing vision who can't quite manage that perfect eyeliner anymore.
Treatments are tailored for clients on an individual basis, so we will work together to create the right look for you.